Choosing an Essay Topic Needs Considerable Brainstorming
Different Essay Forms will Need Different Types of Essay Topics
Choosing the right essay topic is one of the most important elements of your essay writing process. Since it is at the very beginning of the writing process, it is important to pay considerable attention to this task. This is because; rest of the essay writing is dependent on the choice you make in this point.
Your job as the essay writer is made easy when the tutors provide you with a list of options or a specific topic. But in certain instances, you will be left alone with this task. You should approach it with a very enthusiastic and with “out-of-the-box” thinking so that you can think up few innovative and interesting essay topics which are not commonly written upon.
R Essay Type
Depending on the essay type, the topic you will choose will vary. For example, for an argumentative essay, you must select a controversial essay topic that is currently being debated hotly. But for an informative essay, you may choose a scientific choice or a new technology topic so that you can impart some worthwhile information on the new developments and technological breakthroughs in these filed.
R Selecting Criteria
There are some criteria which you should apply in to your topic selection. Some of these include:
- The topic should be interesting to both reader and writer
2. It should be relevant to the assignment area
3. The scope of the topic matters and directly relates with the essay length. Don’t choose too broad topics for short essays and too narrow topics for a lengthy essay.
4. Availability of good research material to back up your ideas is essential. This should be considered when you choose your topic.
5. The type of essay and your topic should be in alignment.
You can refer to some of the sample essays online for some ideas and inspirations on good essay topics. While you should not attempt to copy them they can provide good guidance as well prompt your brainstorming process. An essay tip to note is that you should screen few optional topics first and then proceed to evaluate these against the previously mentioned criteria prior to deciding which one best suits your purpose.